2016 had been one hell of a roller coaster ride not just for me but for everyone in the world. Lots of things happened from the UK leaving the EU, known personalities dying (David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Carrie Fisher, Christina Grimmie, George Michael, Prince, Leonard Cohen to name a few) , EJK in the Philippines, Trump Presidency in the US, increasing tension and innocent lives lost in East Aleppo, etc. But as what Stuart Little’s father always says, “In every cloud, there is a silver lining.” As what had been a yearly tradition, here is a blog post of all the GOOD things that happened last 2016:
JANUARY – MARCH
- Started the year with the yearly get-together with my college friends!
- Weekend bike trips with Resty, my mom, and my sister. Biking has really helped us lose the pounds we accumulated during the holidays. It also gave us a reason to wake up early during weekends. I even taught my dog how to ride a bike so he can come with us when we ride. 😉
- Goodvybes Music Festival with Resty and ex-officemates. (I met Camie Juan there!)
- Around March last year, I created a separate account for my planning, journaling, watercolor, illustrations, and other arts and crafts related stuff. The Rookie Crafter MNL was born! I really got into the creative planning rabbit hole this year and that prompted me to have a separate page to post my spreads. I am still contemplating on whether to create a separate blog and YouTube channel for this brand. Hopefully I get to collaborate with more brands this year!
APRIL – JUNE
- Hosted a surprise birthday party for Resty! Its my first time organizing a surprise birthday party for someone and I’m glad it was a success! He really had no clue that we are going to surprise him! 🙂
- Celebrated my birthday with my family plus Resty and my sister’s boyfriend, Mark. We checked in at a hotel and welcomed my 20+ years of existence there. 🙂
05182016. Another item ticked off the bucket list. 😊 after more than a year since my last public speaking stint, I was able to finally speak in front of IT students! 😊 thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to speak to the next generation. 😊 thank you FEU Institute of Technology for the invite! Thanks Bok! 😊
- MAY 18, 2016, I was invited by the FEU Institute of Technology to give a talk to its students about “ICT Trends for ITE Specialized Program”. It has been a long time since my last public speaking stint so this was a welcome challenge.
- My 3-month Leave of Absence from work started on June 1 and I’ll be returning on the 19th of September!
- I joined a calligraphy workshop by no less than Paul Antonio! (@pascribe) I think I was the only newbie among that batch but hey, we all need to start from somewhere, right?
- My UK visa got approved! This was the start of my most epic journey in my entire existence yet! I’ll be travelling around Europe before my short course in Graphics Design starts.
JULY – SEPTEMBER
My #2016bestnine pretty much sums up the highlights of my 2016. It has been a year of travels, learnings and great adventures! I was able to explore my dream continent and meet new friends along the way! Its hard to top 2016 but I'm believing that an even better 2017 is up ahead! Cheers to more travels and opportunities!✨ . . . . . . . . . . #yzaeuropediaries2016 #travel #instatravel #dreamDestination #explore #wander #photography #travel #oneEarth #europe #igdaily #igers #vsco #vscocam #vscocamph #exploreEurope #whereToNext #travelTodayTV #photography #travelPhotography #wanderlust #bbctravels #girlsWhoTravel #travelgram #UK #PassionPassport #visitLondon #london
- Hands down the best quarter of this year for me! My Schengen visa got approved! My flight was booked and on the 14th of July, I boarded a Philippine Airlines flight going to London Heathrow Airport. This had been my first solo international travel. In another continent, no less! More of this in this post.
- Visited 15 cities in Europe! Just want to put this here not to brag but to put emphasis to it. I still cannot believe I achieved this feat alone! (Prompted me also to finish my backlog Europe blogs. lol)
- I met a lot of Filipinos in London and had service in Every Nation Stratford!
- fast-forward 2 months when I head back home again, after just a week back in the Philippines, Resty, Paul, and I flew to Coron, Palawan! It was the perfect opportunity for me to reset by body clock as I had been suffering from jetlag. My body was still running on European Time and I find myself awake in the middle of the night. The tiring activities and rural environment forced me to wake up and sleep on time.
- One of the major things that happened this year is Resty and I purchased our condo unit!
OCTOBER – DECEMBER
- Back to work again! After 3 months of not working, here I am again slaving in the corporate world. 😛
- Parties, reunions, get-togethers left and right!
- Leaders and Interns Appreciation at Ynares Sports Arena.
- Resty and I celebrated our second anniversary of being together. 🙂
- Christmas with my nephews and nieces. Christmas is better if there are kids around! 🙂
That’s it for 2016! Whew! That was one great year down for the books! Looking forward to 2017 and all the challenges it will bring. I’ll face you head on while shouting, “Bring It On!!”