I didn’t notice that it has been long since I did a Sunday Currently post so here goes. 🙂
- reading my Bible. Okay, I’m not trying to be all religious here but one of my goals this year is to be consistent in my quiet time. I find it kinda hard for the past couple of months to dedicate time to study God’s word because of being busy about so many things (I know, excuses) so this time, I vow to spend more time in reading God’s word. Which should be my top priority, really. Also, I just finished Kevin Kwan’s China Rich Girlfriend.
- writing My realizations form yesterday’s Discipleship 2016. The word they shared was short, concise, and very meaty. It takes a while for it to sink in.
- listening to Everlasting Glory from Victory Worship’s Rise Heart album. (I usually do my devotion in the morning now that’s why all I am listening to are Christian songs.)
- thinking about pastor Steve Murrell’s impartation yesterday. God sent the Holy Spirit to empower us to be witnesses of the Jesus.
- Watching nothing in particular as of the moment
- loving my new Webster Pages Personal Planner in Light Teal! <3
- wanting more planning essentials! This week, I had been hoarding on planner items. I currently have 4 now. Someone please help me stop my addiction. crying face emoji.
- needing to rest. haha by body is giving up on me.
- feeling tired but happy. <3
Sunday. Woke up at around 8AM because I’m excited to customize my new Webster Pages planner despite sleeping late because we went to my cousin’s wake the day before. She left us at the tender age of 14 because of complications with pneumonia. 🙁
When I check the planner I bought, I found out that it didn’t contain the weekly inserts so I went back to Scribe Shang-ri la to get the weekly inserts. To my dismay, they have any weekly inserts available. I got excited when I saw the light Teal available in their store that the weekly insert slipped my mind. In their Eastwood and Megamall branch, the kits I checked have the weekly inserts. Lesson: double check the item you are buying.
The unfortunate incident turned out good after all as I was inspired to just create my own insert. I went to the bookstore to look for the perfect paper for my weekly insert and when I got home, I searched for pegs online to use. I found this pastel spread below and fell in love with it. I printed it out using my canon G2ooo.
after printing, I customized the page more using stickers and what nots. The below is the final spread. <3 I hate the color pink but pastel pink is tolerable.
After the crafts morning, I prepared for the Sunday 5PM Service. I had VG with my girls after. When we were done with our VG, a commotion formed outside the mall. It was between the street children and the mall security guards. According to the people watching, some customers are complaining that the kids are harassing them asking for food or money so the mall guards stepped in. They were shooing the kids when one of them bit the guard’s hand. The guard’s reflex was to hit the child. He hit the child too hard as he had a swollen lip. He was crying and saying that he will have the guard apprehended by the barangay officials. It then hit me that this kids are the same people who will inherit our nation. If they are treated like trash by this generation, how will they be able to take good care of this country when their time comes? These are the people we need to mold and help become good citizens. We are the ones who should give them a brighter future. Lets impart to them the right values for them to succeed.
That’s how my Sunday went. how about you? 🙂