Life lately is about travels, friends and dreams.
I just noticed that I haven’t been posting anything worthy as of late. I had been busy planning ‘life’ and I was forced to go on hiatus to clear my mind a bit. So here’s life in a nutshell:
1. Me and my friends went on a Malaysia-Singapore trip last Sept 21-26 and it had been amazing! Singapore has always had a place in my heart and if the situations are favorable, I might consider working and living there. The generosity and care of Pinoys on both countries are overflowing considering the fact that that was the first time we met them.
2. First time travelling with a boyfriend internationally and I’m proud to say we didn’t had a major fight! yay! There was an article that says that travelling brings out your partner’s true character. This may go on both ends: either positive or negative. Its best to know early on so you can decide to either stay or go.
3. Relying on the goodness of people and being surprised at the outcome.
4. Its best practice to plan but leave room for adjustments. I experienced this during our 6-day vacation. We had SG planned out from day one to day three but left the Malaysia part free. My printed itinerary literally states “whatever we decided on that day.” The experience we got in return was more than what we imagined.
5. Setting up a crowdfunding for my Shillington Studies. A friend recommended that I watch Amanda Palmer’s TED talk about the art of asking and the timing couldn’t have been better. I set up this crowdfunding campaign two weeks back but haven’t really shared it on FB and Twitter much because of fear on being ridiculed by peers as it is basically asking (or begging if you really want to put it that way) money from people but after watching the clip, I had a change of heart. Amanda said that “asking is not easy. It makes you vulnerable.” I don’t want to feel vulnerable but the truth is I really need help. Its really not that hard. Its just a matter of the heart. It is for a good cause and not like I am scamming anyone so I should not be ashamed. 🙂 How much does a dream cost? Priceless!
So I just came back from travelling and my soul couldn’t be happier. I feel truly alive best when I am in transit. 🙂 I’m proud to say that I have mastered the art of sleeping in whatever position. The boyfriend couldn’t sleep while in transit either in a train or in a bus while I was soundly asleep on his side. lol Also, second time in the zoo area and I still wasn’t able to see Singapore’s famous pandas (Jia-Jia and Kai-Kai). The first time I went there, the zoo is already closed so we just went to the Night Safari. The second time, we just went to Singapore Zoo due to time constraint as we arrived late. (Pro Tip: if you want to see the Pandas first, go inside the rivers safari. They are there.)
Hope you guys had a great month! I speak blessings to all of you. 🙂