Life lately. A few days to go and we’re now on our final month of the year! (A.K.A holiday season!) November went by in a blur that sometimes I feel that time is running on twice the speed that it’s supposed to. Can you please slow down? Haha! Looking back, here are some of the highlights of my November:
- Adulting and opening my first checking account via BPI. I feel semi-legit, okay. There are days where when I woke up in the morning, I get scared of being and adult and having “responsibilities”. When I was a kid, I always imagined myself as an adult and that I was living according to my terms and do things that I wanted. I wished time would run faster. I’m kinda regretting it now. Being an adult is great but having responsibilities is not. Is it just me? Can anyone relate to this? I need validation. lol
- Going back to running again in preparation for Race for Life on November 30! I bought new gears and new shoes as my old running shoes is screaming to be replaced. The soles are peeling off. One time while we were running at commons, the soles fell off! Good thing there was a convenience store nearby so we were able to temporarily fix it by using mighty bond if not, that would be embarrassing.
- I have a new blog layout! I’ve purchased the MaxBlog ($44) theme from themeforest but its messing up with my backend coding. It uses a widgetized page layout which is not really ideal for a WordPress as it messes with code structure. I’m quite fickle when it comes to my code so thats $44(2K+PHP) down the drain. I’ve been doing most of the coding for this blog myself and that was my first time purchasing one because I’m feeling lazy. Turns out, its not the one I wanted so I replaced it with this current one which I looove by the way. Lesson? I’m a programmer and I should utilize it. Why even buy one? I’m not even a professional blogger. I’m not monetizing this blog or anything. I should’ve coded it myself. (#BITTER)
- Studying graphics design self-paced. This time more serious. I’m even doing the assignments suggested in the book and taking down notes. This is when you know shit got serious. Haha! I’m doing one unit per week and so far so good.
- taking time to practice and do art again! My IG is full of them. Sorry for the flood. Finding what peg I should do on my Instagram account. I’m leaning more on good graphics / design / semi-portfolio with travel pics on the side. Compared to before, I think my IG is looking waaay better. Volunteer’s Appreciation happening later. The theme of the party is ‘Graduating class’. For communications, we are supposed to go as hipsters so I’m going as my usual self. haha! How hipster can you get?
- Our salary letter for FY2016 is out. I had an increase. Not that big but still, I’m thankful for it. its still a blessing.
- Race for Life on Monday, Nov 30!
- Bills, bills, bills and more bills! I cry. My hosting was due this month so I have to renew again. Again with the unnecessary bills to pay because of this blog. Kidding! Love you guys! Credit card annual fee is also due this month. Thankfully they processed my reversal request. I also need to restock on some necessary items *ehem* like my contact lens, toiletries etc. Why did you all have to go this month? Expenses > Income. True story.
No APEC holiday for me because we have work. Overall, my November was awesome except for the no holiday. Hoping for a better Month ahead! How about you? How did your November go?