I stumbled upon fitfood Manila via Instagram. A blogger that I was following posted a photo of their food which was prepared by Fit Food MAnila. On My quest to start eating healthy, I got curious. I inquired about their services via text and agreed to try it out for one week.
How It Works:
For a fee of 1850.00PHP exclusive of delivery fee, they will prepare your calorie-counted meals for one week. Meals for the day includes breakfast, lunch and dinner plus two snacks. An additional delivery fee will be applied depending on your location. I was charged 50PHP (Mandaluyong area). For 1200 calories per day, they will definitely help you lose weight. Add to this the fact that you will have more time to do other things as you wont be thinking about what you will eat / prepare every day. Meals are delivered daily on the night before consumption usually between 6PM-11PM. Refrigerate the food to ensure freshness of food and avoid spoilage.
Fit Food Manila has two teams, the culinary group and the nutrition group. Their Culinary Group, is in charge of the culinary aspect of your diet. They ensure that the food you consume tastes good. The Nutrition Group on the other hand works to give you the perfect balance of nutrients. They calculate the amount of calories you get from different food groups and makes sure you are eating a balanced diet.
This is not a sponsored post. All views and opinions here are entirely based on my experience. No bias whatsoever.
MY MEALS FROM JANUARY 12-16:
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT FIT FOOD MANILA:
- Convenience. Aside from the diet, I love the convenience of not planning and preparing my meals.
- At 370PHP (exclusive of tax) daily for 5 meals, its affordable and perfect for professionals who are too busy to eat healthy. Rather than buying fast food, this is a far greater alternative.
- Food is great! It’s like I am eating gourmet meals every time. It doesn’t feel like I am dieting at all. Pasta, Rice, Bread, you are allowed to eat them! 🙂 This shows that portion control can do wonders than not eating at all.
- You know your food is handled by professionals. Fit Food Manila has 60 HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) trained employees under their company to make sure food is prepared properly.
- Good customer service. My inquiries were answered promptly. Transaction was a breeze. (I payed via BPI bank deposit. )
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- Better packaging. On day 1, the spinach salsa verde on my food spilled. Upon delivery on Sunday night, I noticed the wet stain on the brown paper bag that contains my meals. When I checked, it was the sauce from my supposed dinner on Monday night. If they can use a sealed container or store my food more securely, it would be much appreciated.
Rating: 4.5/5 STARS