On Independence day, me and my VG decided to go to Sandbox. We rented a van for the trip so that we wouldn’t fuss over commuting. We were 7 all in all so it was more practical anyways. Meeting time was 7AM at Robinsons Pioneer but we(me, my sister and Resty) arrived around 7:30AM. Sorry guys! After leaving Pioneer, we went to Centris to pick ate Clarissa up. Off we go! Travel took almost two hours. Its a holiday so the roads in were not that congested.
Nobody knew the way to Sandbox so we relied on trustworthy Waze to guide us. Took us more or less two hours from Centris to Sandbox. Its amazing to see how much Porac, Pampanga has changed. While it was once disabled by lahar brought by the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1991, slowly but surely, the region is able to channel the disaster to something beautiful. It has become in recent years a destination for fitness buffs, thrill seekers, off-road riders and all kinds of adventurers.
My sister posing at “Sandbox”. Having a picture taken there makes your visit at sandbox more legit. lol
The activity area. I wanted to try the aerial walk but tickets were sold out due to the large volume of people at Sandbox. I suggest you go there really early or during weekdays when everyone is at school or work. 😉
The activity tower where most of the “thrilling” activities are found. The Roller Coaster Zipline, Rappel Wall, Free Fall and Wall Climbing. There is also a view deck on top for the brave souls who are not afraid of heights.
Me, Monica, Wenn and Joy chose package C (500PHP) while the rest, Resty, Ann and ate Clar chose Package E(550PHP) because they want to try archery. More about this on the details below.
Picture while waiting in line for the Giant swing. Ate Clarissa (the one wearing purple), Me, Wenn, Monica and Joy
Ann and ate Clar on the first pic and my sister, Monica on the second.
Ate Clar and me after rappelling
Monica, Joy and Wenn’s turn on the rappel
Happy girls are the prettiest 🙂
Photo credits to my co-photographer that day, my boyfriend. 🙂 Thank you!
- As you can see from the pictures above, Sandbox is an outdoor adventure facility. It can get pretty hot during midday so I suggest you bring an umbrella or hat with you. There are also no ventilation available except for fresh air so having a fan helps.
- Use sunblock to protect you from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Bring sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sun and dust.
- Come really early because there’s a limit to the number of persons they can allow for each activity per day. I think the limit is a good idea so as to prevent wear and tear of the attractions and make sure that they are well-maintained to prevent untoward accidents.
- There is a corkage fee of 100php per person. If you have a car, you can leave your food there and go out if you get hungry. Don’t fret if you did not prepare food. There is a snack bar inside Sandbox that offers comfort food for a slightly higher price.
- Bring extra clothes as you will really sweat out. Prepare to get dirty!
- Drink lots of water to avoid being dehydrated.
- It is advisable that you wear rubber shoes or sneakers so your footwear won’t fly of somewhere.
HOW TO GET THERE
From Cubao (QC), take a bus going north via Dau (Pampanga). Go down Dau Terminal and take a jeep going to Angeles, then take another jeep going to Porac. From Porac take a tricycle going to Sandbox. For detailed instructions to Sandbox, please contact their staff.
BY PRIVATE VEHICLE:
Just follow the map below.
Address: Alviera, Porac Municipality, Pampanga
(Take the Porac Access Road from NLEX-SCTEX)
Operating Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 9am-5pm
Tel. Nos.: 0936-988-6023 / 0917-803-3099 / (045) 432-0014